NEEDS ASSESMENT and GOAL ANALYSIS (WEEK 3)

This week readings focused on the needs analysis of ınstructional design and identifying learners needs and the context.
According to the book we read there are three aproaches to identify performence problems.
They are:
-Needs Assesment
-Goal analysis
-Performance Assesment

NEED ASSESMENT is used to identify gaps in performance and than determine whether the gaps are worth addressing through an intervention.
Need analysis involves examining the gap and identifying potential causes of the gap.


TYPES of NEEDS and DATA RESOURCES

In this book there are six types of needs which provide a framework for designers to determine the type of information to gather.
They are;

1.Normative Needs
2.Comparative Needs
3.Felt Needs
4.Anticipated or Future Needs
5.Critical Incident Needs

Whie conducting a need assesment there are 4 phases;
1.Planning
2.Collecting Data
3.Analysing Data
4.Preparing Final Report


GOAL ANALYSIS

Goal analysis is defining the undefinable (Mager,  1948b)
Goal analysis take less time than needs assesment,it starts with a problem need or perceived performance gap someone has identicial and than it focuses on a solution to the given problem.


PERFORMANCE ASSESMENT

İt helps determine whether the goals of the training program actually address a training problem or whether another intervention would be more appropriate.


After reading all these chapters I thought deeply about my ID design Project subject, I know that starting with identfying the problem is crucial and than ı should  thınk on some questions if this problem is really a problem for me and my target group and ıf ı desıgn an ınstructıon Will I solve the problem? (with using right instruction methods). While planning my Project I should consider on my target audience, their needs, levels, gender, educational background etc. and decide how to collect data about  them. After analysing the data I' ll decide on my exact needs, and finally I’ ll prepare final report.

Performance analysis will help me ıf I encounter any problem or faılure.

Theorically I understand the process but practically I have no experience yet, so I am impatient to apply and see the results and of course I wonder if my Instructıonal Design will be successful or not.

Yorumlar

Bu blogdaki popüler yayınlar

ASSIGNMENT 2.1 INFOGRAPHIC

LESSON PLAN